- 1 lb. ground turkey (I get them in the frozen section at Aldi for about $2)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seeds (I grind them in my coffee grinder)
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- Mix ingredients together in a mixer or by hand.
- Shape into patties or cook up chopped
Note: This is a spicy sausage, perfect for Italian style main dishes like lasagna, rice, meatballs, soups and stews. If one wanted a sweeter breakfast style sausage various sweeteners (like maple, honey, stevia, raw sugar, brown sugar) and extracts (like liquid smoke or maple) could be used. Personally, I am happy with this sausage for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.